Prof Stephen Senn
Prof Stephen Senn joined LIH in 2011 and was previously a Professor in Statistics at the University of Glasgow (2003) and University College London (1995-2003). In addition to working as an academic he has also worked for the pharmaceutical industry in Switzerland and the National Health Service in England. He is the author of three books, Cross-over Trials in Clinical Research (1993 & 2002), Statistical Issues in Drug Development (1997, 2007) and Dicing with Death (2003). His expertise is in statistical methods for drug development and statistical inference. He consults extensively for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Leader of one of the work packages on the EU FP7 IDEAL project for developing treatments in rare diseases
- Statistical methods in meta-analysis
- Statistical methods in design and analysis of clinical trials
- Decision analysis in drug development
- Lead investigator on the EPSRC Simplicity, Complexity and Modelling project