Prof Axel Urhausen
Prof Axel Urhausen is the Head and founder of the Sports Clinic at the “Centre Hospitalier de Luxembourg”.
His expertise covers the field of Sports cardiology and exercise physiology. He is the Author of over 260 scientific publications (45 peer-review publications as first or senior author) and one book. He acts as reviewer or editorial board member for app. 20 international peer-reviewed journals.
He supervises 16 MD/PhD and app. 50 master theses and has been participating in App. 260 scientific lectures including more than 80 as invited speaker on international congresses.
He is a fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine and a commission member of National Anti-Doping Agencies of Germany and Luxembourg. He has been appointed Head of the Medical and Scientific Commission of the Olympic and Sports Committee of Luxembourg and Member of the Executive Board of the Luxembourg Society of Sports Medicine.
- Prevention of running injuries
- Prevention of cardiac sudden death in sports
- Incidence and prevention of injuries in Luxembourg army recruits
- Training and Injury Prevention Platform for Sports (www.tipps.lu)
- All projects from Ministry of sports
MD - PhD
Professor of University of Sarreland