Aurélie Fischer joined LIH in August 2001 first as a Research Engineer in the HIV Clinical & Translational Research Unit, and joined the CIEC in February 2014 as a Junior Clinical Research Associate.
She mainly coordinates infectious diseases projects between the medical investigators at the Centre Hospitalier de Luxembourg (CHL) and the researchers of the HIV Clinical & Translational Research Unit, in order to set up and manage regulatory submissions, logistical and administrative tasks, data collection and quality control of the projects. She also manages a team composed of Clinical Research Associates, Data Managers and clinical research trainees.
We are involved in projects on 2 major topics:
- HIV :
- START study : Strategic Timing of AntiRetroviral Treatment
- HIV-RAL study : Optimization of integrase inhibitors usage : pharmacogenetic contribution
- ISALA study : Treatment interruption in HIV positive patients with low viral reservoir to evaluate the potential of a functional cure.
- HCV :
- HCV-LU : Study of treatment resistance of Hepatitis C virus
- HCV-UD : Drug addiction, hepatitis C and substitution : epidemiological, behavioral and clinical study
Protocol for a prospective, longitudinal cohort of people with COVID-19 and their household members to study factors associated with disease severity: the Predi-COVID study.
- Deep Digital Phenotyping Research Unit
- Integrated BioBank of Luxembourg
- Competence Center for Methodology and Statistics
- Public Health Expertise
- Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Public Health Research
Combination disease prevention in prisons: a comprehensive programme in Luxembourg. In Compendium of good practices in the health sector response to viral hepatitis in the WHO European Region. (Book Chapter)
- HIV Clinical and Translational Research
- Clinical and Epidemiological Investigation Center