THE HIV-CLINICAL AND TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH GROUP
The HIV Clinical and Translational Research (HIV-CTR) Group focuses on clinically oriented research in the field of HIV, hepatitis and SARS-COV-2 and provides new translational knowledge in immunology.
The HIV Clinical and Translational Research (HIV-CTR) Group emerged from the Reference Laboratory of Retrovirology offering specialised technical support for the clinical follow-up of HIV and HCV-infected patients in Luxembourg since 1990. The group joined the Department of Infection and Immunity under the direction of Dr Carole Seguin-Devaux, and lead HIV clinical research in the field of resistance to antiviral therapy, transmission, molecular epidemiology and HIV Cure since 2014.
The HIV-CTR research team:
- Provides new translational knowledge on HIV cure and in immunology.
- Develop immunotherapeutic complexes boosting complement or NK cells activation against viruses, bacteria or cancer cells for further elimination by the immune system.
- Since the beginning of the COVID-19 epidemic, the group has developed SARS-CoV-2 cultures and HIV-pseudotypes/viral neutralisation assays for SARS-CoV-2 to assess the potency of antivirals and neutralising antibodies, respectively.
The Group is a partner in several European HIV and HCV networks, collaborates with lifescience and biotech companies, and has built up a network in Sub-Saharian African countries to support knowledge and technology transfer for the clinical management of HIV and hepatitis-infected patients.
- European Society for Translational Antiviral Research (ESAR) and the Hepvir working group for hepatitis B and C
- Breach HIV Cure consortium
- the Monod consortium for the clinical trial NCT01127204, evaluation of simplified antiretroviral treatment strategies in HIV infected children treated by antiretroviral before one year of age
- the COST action CM1407, NatChemdrugs
Projects & clinical trials
Featured team members
HIV and people who inject drugs – 24/01/2024
Prevalence of chronic HCV infection in EU/EEA countries in 2019 using multiparameter evidence synthesis – 01/01/2024
The Role of Late Presenters in HIV-1 Transmission Clusters in Europe – 13/12/2023
Multimeric immunotherapeutic complexes activating natural killer cells towards HIV-1 cure – 07/11/2023
Incarceration history is associated with HIV infection among community-recruited people who inject drugs in Europe – 03/08/2023
Validation of a SARS-CoV-2 Surrogate Neutralization Test Detecting Neutralizing Antibodies against the Major Variants of Concern – 06/10/2023
Global prevalence, cascade of care, and prophylaxis coverage of hepatitis B in 2022 – 27/07/2023
Multifunctional Heteromultimeric Constructs – 27/04/2023
Cohort Profile – 23/04/2023
Microtubules and viral infection – 03/04/2023
There are no jobs matching this page at the moment. You can view all jobs via the button below.