TTM Head of Operations - RK0120
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen 1445, Luxembourg
overview of roles
The TTM Head of Operations supports the development and implementation of TTM strategy. He/she works transversally across the research institutions and hospitals in Luxembourg to put in place a nation-wide transversal translational research framework, which will include transversal access to research platforms. He/she integrates platforms such as the IBBL as pivotal translational platform into a coherent transversal workflow, enabling transversal research programmes.
He/she is part of the TTM management team that covers critical managerial and operational needs of a TTM program portfolio, including platforms. The TTM team furthers LIH’s translational needs and ambitions in close collaboration with key biomedical stakeholders in Luxembourg.
- Contribute to development of and execution of TTM strategy, thereby enabling development of inter-institutional collaborative research programs between stakeholder institutions under leadership of TTM Director.
- Interact closely with Resource Allocation Committee (RAC) to map and plan FTE and resource commitments for ongoing and planned programs from stakeholder institutions.
- Interface with financial teams of participating institutions across TTM to properly track cost and commitment to the programs.
- Ensure that capacities, cost, and FTEs for the portfolio or programs are available such that milestones can be reached within arranged timeframes.
- Responsible for workflow of programmes across the platforms and the whole translational pipeline. This includes smooth operational workflow of programmes at IBBL as a key research platform, in collaboration with leadership of IBBL and LIH, and working closely with the other members of the TTM management team.
- Assist in internal and external communication of TTM with support of the Head of Marketing and Communication at LIH.
- Networking, relationship-building and fundraising to support the evolving research agenda of TTM; represent the IBBL internally and externally.
- Leads for translational mindset culture and community of TTM in Luxembourg and beyond – facilitating team science.
- The Head of Operations reports to Director TTM.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Master degree in a relevant discipline (biomedical science or healthcare).
- Experience in operational management of pharma, research or biotech on an executive level for at least 5 years.
- An additional MBA or similar qualification with successful experience in management of a large group would be considered an additional advantage.
- Capacity for strategic thinking.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work environments.
- Listening and communication skills with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Highly developed influencing and negotiation skills: politically astute and comfortable with governmental representatives, universities, hospitals and other academic groups.
- Initiative, creative and proactive in the implementation of new ideas.
- Knowledge of research funding mechanism relevant to biomedical science and services.
- Language skills: Fluent in French and English, with proven excellent written skills in both languages. Any other language in use in Luxembourg would be an asset.