Research Scientist - YJK0620
Rue Louis Rech 1, Entrée B, Dudelange L-3555, Luxembourg
- Manage the research project: drafting, implementation, follow-up, planning and supervision of researchers, technicians and students.
- Manage the PFP laboratory Establish an internal and external cooperation for the implementation of new laboratory techniques.
- Establish and disseminate the bibliography to the other researchers, students and technicians.
- Present the work and results during research unit meetings.
- Write scientific publications and give oral and written presentations at conferences.
- Initiate a patent procedure with the RKTO, when possible.
- Seek external funding.
- The selected candidates will join a multidisciplinary team of innovative scientists with expertise in assay development, high-throughput and -content screening, compound management, automation engineering, bioinformatics.
- Be actively involved in PFP experimentation such as :
- Tumor tissue collection and dissociation
- Patient derived spheroid culture
- Excuting personalized functional profiling with specific equiment such as cell printer, CV8000
- Imaing quatitification and data analysis
- Pipetting and preparation of large number of samples for drug screening
- Clinical research project: establishment of a link between the research unit and the hospital, validation of the results, participation in the establishment of techniques that can eventually be transferred to the clinical research unit and cooperation with the institutions organizing the quality control..
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD in biology or related fields
- Experienced in the translational research field for more than 10 years
- Experienced in tumor dissociation from surgical or needle biopsy and culturing patient derived cancer cell 3D culture
- Experienced in High Throughput/High content Screening using cancer patient derived cells
- Experience with model organisms, mammalian cell culture, molecular and biochemical assays (western blots, real-time qPCR, etc).
- Experience with preparing sample for genomic analysis(blood and tumor tissue)
- Experience in the management of a research group.
- Rigour, motivation, scientific creativity and originality, writing skills, conciseness, sense of priority and ability to work with others.