Postdoctoral Fellow in Virology - CM0117
We seek highly motivated applicants who enjoy working in a stimulating and international environment. Our Institute is well funded and fully equipped with top-of–the-line instrumentation. The selected candidate will: Manage the joint research projects of the Department of Infection and Immunity with our laboratory in Lao PDR; Identify project opportunities in collaboration with partners within Laos; Coordinate the alignment of the activities of the LaoLuxLab and the activities of the Infectious Diseases Research Unit, this in close collaboration with the teams of both laboratories; Provide specific expertise in the pertinent research areas.
LIH-House of Biohealth
29, rue Henri Koch, Esch-sur-Alzette L-4354, Luxembourg
- Manage the day-to day activities and collaborations with the LaoLuxLab, Laos.
- Scientific writing of articles for peer-reviewed international journals.
- Develop scientific methodology and techniques adapted to the research projects.
- Train and supervise technical staff, master students, PhD students.
- Work in coordination with other post-doctoral scientists on their projects.
- Contribute to defining research priorities with the HOD of the Infectious Diseases Research Unit.
- Present the work as well as results during laboratory meetings and at international meetings.
- Communicate problems and suggestions for solutions in a clear way.
- Participate in the societal dimension: dissemination of simplified research results to the general public (through articles, conferences, etc).
- Collaborations: establishment of a link between the laboratory and other partners, validation of results, participation in the establishment of techniques that can eventually be transferred to other laboratories and cooperation with institutions organizing quality control.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD degree in life sciences (biology, biochemistry etc).
- Experience in scientific work with and in developing countries.
- Excellent time management, rigor, motivation, scientific creativity and originality, writing skills, conciseness, sense of priority and sense of human relations, punctual and reliable, stable health condition.
- A strong academic record and a keen interest/knowledge in virology and infectious agents is essential.
- Excellent proficiency in English and scientific writing skills are a must.
- Knowledge of modern communication and computing skills, experience in bioinformatics is an advantage.
2 years fixed-term contract - Full time - Start date in June 2017
For scientific questions:
Prof. Claude P. MULLER