POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW in Cancer Invasion Research - CT0120
84, rue Val Fleuri, Luxembourg L-1526, Luxembourg
Interestingly, CRP2 is often strongly present in non-cancer cells, particularly cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAFs) in the surrounding microenvironment, suggesting an additional role for CRP2 in the stromal compartment. Based on our preliminary data we hypothesize that, in addition to increasing the (intrinsic) invasive capability of breast cancer cells, CRP2 also contributes to the CAF phenotype, and thereby facilitates ECM remodeling and breast cancer cell dissemination through a cancer cell extrinsic mechanism. This project aims to evaluate this hypothesis, elucidate the underlying molecular mechanism(s) and determine the prevalence and significance of stromal CRP2 in human breast cancer.
The Cytoskeleton and Cancer Progression (CCP) group belongs to the Department of Oncology, whose activities focus on the cellular and molecular mechanisms of tumor progression using a wide range of cutting edge technologies, including genomic, transcriptomic and proteomic analyses, and in vitro and in vivo imaging modalities as well as state-of-the art animal models for cancer research. The CCP group focuses on actin regulatory proteins and related signaling pathways driving tumor cell invasion and immune evasion (Al Absi et al. 2018 Cancer Research 78: 5631-5643), with the goal to identify new prognostic markers and therapeutic targets. We combine biochemistry, cell biology, reverse-genetics and advanced live-cell imaging approaches as well as mouse models of breast cancer metastasis.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences. Prior experience in (breast) cancer research and/or in cytoskeleton-driven processes would be an advantage.
- Hands-on experience in experimental lab work using invasion/migration assays.
- Experience in cell imaging approaches.
- Experience in animal experimentation. FELASA or equivalent would be considered as an asset.
- Excellent planning and communication skills. Perseverance, originality, writing skills.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
For more information please contact: Clément Thomas: email@example.com