Post-Doctoral Researcher in Diet and Health - TB0320
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen 1445, Luxembourg
To complement his team and strengthen its research activities, we are offering a 18 month Post-Doctoral Researcher position at our premises.
The main tasks of the Researcher will be to join ongoing or to initiate further research activities requiring a strong epidemiological expertise. However, there is room to establish own lines of research.
- Join running observational/intervention studies;
- Develop own line of research in nutritional epidemiology;
- Apply for funding - national &international;
- Training of master& PhD students;
- Define & develop new projects in the area of Diet & Health;
- Writing high-level scientific research papers & reviews, as well as reports;
- Discuss results within group & other researchers;
- Interpret findings statistically;
- Participate in project meetings & organization;
- Give presentations at international conferences
- PhD in Nutritional Epidemiology, Public Health with a focus on Diet & Health, or related;
- Experience in working on large datasets;
- Good statistical knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical programs (SPSS,R, SAS…);
- Participation in observational nutritional studies;
- Scientific track-record; including peer-reviewed publications;
- Experience in writing grant proposals;
- Good organizational skills;
- English is the working language. Knowledge of French and/or German is an asset.
What we offer
- Young researchers have the opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary & international scientific environment, benefiting from diverse exchanges with other scientists in and across the department;
- An environment allowing further training in a variety of health-related domains, fostering the acquisition of horizontal skills around presentation & communication skills, scientific English, statistical data evaluation, and training in Epidemiology.
- A close link to clinical, statistical & data analysis, as well as laboratory facilities;
- Post-Doctoral Researchers will receive a competitive salary and full benefits