Post-Doctoral Researcher - Analysis of multi-level molecular networks in cancer - FA0317
We are seeking a post-doctoral researcher to make significant contributions to the project: “New tools for the prediction of influential nodes and links in multi-level cancer-related networks”, a Luxembourg-Singapore research partnership. The successful candidate will implement new algorithms, analyse extensive and diverse data, and integrate the outputs of his/her work at the Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH) and Singapore’s Nanyang Technological University (NTU). We are looking for candidates highly driven to generate and disseminate results as part of multi-disciplinary teams, under critical time constraints and in culturally-diverse environments. We will also offer ample opportunities for career development, including training at LIH, NTU or elsewhere.
84, rue Val Fleuri, Luxembourg L-1526, Luxembourg
- Implement and evaluate computational techniques using suitable programming languages, such as Java, C++, Python or R
- Build and test computational models using multiple types of public and laboratory-owned data, including multi-omics datasets
- Perform tasks relevant to the assessment and communication of research outcomes
- Make significant contributions to publications or oral dissemination of results
- Maintain regular communication between the teams in Luxembourg and Singapore
- Participate in laboratory activities, including seminars and interactions with other teams
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, computer science or closely related area
- Previous research publications as first author.
- Solid knowledge of statistical analysis and probabilistic modelling
- Experience in the analysis of data in the context of biological interaction networks
- Significant coding skills in any of the following languages: Java, C++, Python or R
- Demonstrable capacity to perform multiple research tasks under time and resource constraints
- Languages: English fluency (written and oral)
Due to funding regulations, we will only consider applications from researchers who have worked >12 months outside Luxembourg in the preceding 24 months.