Pathology Assistant - FB0718
Rue Louis Rech 1, Entrée B, Dudelange L-3555, Luxembourg
· Receive surgical specimens and closely monitor requisitions for diagnosis, relevant question to be addressed and special handing of specimens.
· Assess specimens with the naked eye with insight into any pathologic processes that may be present. Dictate gross descriptions of each specimen according to proscribed training and laboratory manuals. Take appropriate sections for histological preparation according to IBBL and hospital based pathologists.
· Prepare digital photomicrographs of all specimens and take digital gross photographs when appropriate.
· Training and daily work experience in conventional histological processing including the use of :
- Tissue processors
- Embedding center
- Slide staining system for conventional staining
· Training in Immunohistochemistry and in situ molecular biology technics (FISH CISH) through the use of automate as Benchmark devices.
· Collaborate with IBBL CRCs and other staff as appropriate to ensure collection of sample for biobanking and research purposes.
· Promote the work and reputation of IBBL with clinicians and pathology community.
· Especially with respect to methods within the ISO 17025 accreditation scope:
- Being responsible for evaluation and approval/rejection of results/samples
- Being responsible for reviewing method validation plans, method validation reports and method validation report amendments
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Min. Bachelor’s degree ideally in biology or related field, a pathology certification (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years job related experience.
· Advanced knowledge of specialized or technical field or a thorough knowledge of practices and techniques of a professional field.
· Must be proficient in the use of computers relatives to technical equipment used and general office software (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)).
· Must have competent lab bench skills.
· Must speak and write English fluently, a conversational level in French if not fluent is required. Additional fluency in German would be an asset..
Desired criteria :
· Knowledge or experience in genetic laboratory