Master2 student in Epidemiology/Public Health - TB0919
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen 1445, Luxembourg
For a project related to e-health, we are offering a 6-months paid Master (2)-Student internship at our premises.
The main tasks of the Master Student will be to work on a systematic review or meta-analysis on e- intervention / e-assessment of obesity management programs, targeting a multidisciplinary approach based on physical activity, dietary behaviour and psychological support. In the frame of this work, the Master student will benefit from the expertise of Dr. Torsten Bohn in nutrition and health, Dr. Hanen Samouda in obesity programs development and management and Dr. Guy Fagherazzi in digital epidemiology and e-health. Statistical support in-house is available.
- Writing a high-level scientific review paper in the area of e-health;
- Discuss results within group & other researchers;
- Interpret findings statistically;
- Participate in project meetings & organization;
- Give presentations at local institute level;
- Join other group-based activities.
- Master (2) in Nutritional Epidemiology, Public; Health or Bio-informatics with a focus on Diet & Health, or comparable;
- Some experience in working on large datasets;
- Good statistical knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical programs (e.g. SPSS, R, and/or SAS…);
- Good writing skills in English;
- Good organizational skills;
- Knowledge of French and/or German is an asset
What we offer
- Students have the opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary & international scientific environment, benefitting from diverse exchanges with other students and scientists in and across the department;
- An environment allowing further training in a variety of health-related domains, fostering the acquisition of horizontal skills around presentation & communication skills, scientific English, statistical data evaluation, and training in Epidemiology.
- A close link to clinical, statistical & data analysis