IT System Administrator - KD0817
The IT System Administrator assists the IT Infrastructure Manager in ensuring the performance and high availability of LIH’s IT network and infrastructure. The candidate will provide support in the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems software and hardware and related infrastructure.
Luxembourg Institute of Health
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen 1445, Luxembourg
- Update and maintain systems hardware and software inventory.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Develop and maintain software and hardware installation and configuration instructions.
- Install, assemble, configure, administer and maintain LIH systems software (including the messaging software) and hardware and related infrastructure.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Participate in projects and teams as assigned by the IT Infrastructure Manager and perform associated tasks.
- Assist in the development of application solutions for users’ operational needs (set up of databases, ERP development and configuration etc.): users needs’ analysis, assessment and set up of existing application solutions or development of tailor-made solutions.
- Provide to the IT Infrastructure Manager updates on progress and encountered difficulties in its day-to-day activities.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master degree in Information Technology.
- Previous professional experience of at least 2 years in a similar position.
- Good organisational and relational skills and analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Good knowledge of the following:
- Systems: Windows 7/10, Windows server 2008/2012/2016, Linux (Ubuntu, Redhat/Centos), VMware vSphere and View/Horizon;
- Infrastructures: Active Directory 2012, Exchange 2013, SQL Server, IIS, RDS/TSE, Apache, Bind, Nagios, Cacti and Cisco;
- Concepts: VLAN, Routage, Firewall, IP Phone, Reverse Proxy and Certificates (PKI);
- Language skills: fluent in French and English (written and oral), knowledge of another language especially Luxembourgish is an asset.