IT Helpdesk Technician - KD0817
The IT Helpdesk Technician will be responsible for the assistance of the IT Manager with the operational management of the Luxembourg Institute of Health computing equipment (installation & maintenance of PCs, servers and software) and the management of the network and support users in their daily activities.
Luxembourg Institute of Health
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen 1445, Luxembourg
- Receive and check deliveries of equipment and ensure the installation and maintenance of PCs.
- Update the software and hardware inventory.
- Manage the network by defining user accounts on a day-to-day basis, following a determined security procedure.
- Call handling, tracking, dispatching and escalation.
- Participate in the help desk, reply quickly to support requests from users, analyze the problems encountered and provide appropriate solutions.
- Develop installation procedures for the hardware and software equipment.
- Perform analysis, testing and installing of company end-user devices, such as, but not limited to, PC, Laptop, printer, tablet, smartphone.
- Perform day-to-day team operations tasks like email, software- and access-management as well as follow-up of assigned support requests with end-users and/or suppliers.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Technical degree in computer science (ideally 2 years' higher education).
- Experience of 2 years in the management of computing equipment or a helpdesk is an advantage.
- Good organization skills, team player, capacity for analysis and problem solving, good social skills and helpfulness.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies.
- IT skills: Technical knowledge of LAN, Ethernet, Windows, Microsoft Office, VMWare, Linux, VoIP, WIFI, Windows server, GLPI, SCCM, Mac OS.
- Language skills: fluent command of French and English. Knowledge of another language of the European Union is an asset.