Internship Position in Public Health and Biostatistics (Bachelor/Master students) - MRGLC0121
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen 1445, Luxembourg
ObjectivesThe overall goal of EHIS-LUX is
to provide epidemiological data to develop consistent public health strategies.
Providing health statistics allows to support the national health strategy and
to develop evidence-based measures to improve the health of the resident
population of Luxembourg and Europe.
Training and research environment
EHIS is a project funded by the Ministry of Health. The project is led by the Department of Population Health, whose research activities focus on epidemiology and public health.
As part of the project EHIS, we are offering the opportunity for a Bachelor/ Master student to complete an internship to analyze the profile of respondents according to the method of completing the questionnaire (paper vs online).
The internship will be co-supervised by Dr. Ruiz-Castell, a researcher in epidemiology and public health and Gwenaëlle Le Coroller of the Competence Center for Methodology and Statistics.
- Bachelor/Master student in Biostatistics/Public Health, knowledge in Epidemiology.
- Good understanding of epidemiological methods and study designs.
- Proficiency in written French.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Applicants must be affiliated to their own university.
- Discuss results with the project supervisors.
- Interpret the results statistically.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Contribute to drafting progress reports.
What we offer an conditions
- Students will have the opportunity to work in an interactive and international scientific environment, attend conferences by eminent scientists from abroad, and present their work during department meetings.
- They will have the opportunity to gain skills in statistical methods and public health.
- A compensation of 660,58 €/ month will be paid.
- Applicants should be enrolled in a Bachelor/ Master program and the internship should be a mandatory part of the diploma.
- Students from abroad can apply for an Erasmus grant.
Available for 4 months - full time - Start date 2021
More information about the group can be found here : https://www.lih.lu/page/departments/doph-department-of-population-health-779
Dr. Maria Ruiz-Castell, PhD
84 Val Fleuri
Gwenaëlle Le Coroller
84 Val Fleuri