Internship in Physical Activity, Sport & Health (Master students) - LM0521
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen 1445, Luxembourg
A close collaboration with our other teams of the Department within LIH is foreseen.
The main tasks of the student will be related to the assessment of the prevalence of physical activity in the population, and the investigation of the determinants of physical activity. Furthermore, the student will describe a comparison of time spent sedentary and in physical activity between age groups and sexes, and investigate the extent to which results obtained by compositional data analysis differ from those obtained using standard analytical procedures.
- Organization of epidemiological databases.
- Definition of physical activity descriptors and the potential determinants.
- Calculation of prevalence and descriptive statistics.
- Use of compositional data analysis and regression models.
- Writing of a Master thesis in English.
- Discussing results within the group & other researchers.
- Participation in project meetings & giving presentations.
What we offer and conditions
- Young researchers and students have the opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary & international scientific environment, benefitting from the diverse exchange with other scientists in and across the Department.
- An environment allowing further training in a variety of health-related domains, fostering acquiring transversal skills around presentation & communication, scientific English, statistical data evaluation, to specific training in Epidemiology.
- A close link to clinical, statistical & data analysis, as well as laboratory facilities.
- A compensation of 660,58€/month will be paid.
- Applicants should be enrolled in a Bachelor/Master program and the internship should be a mandatory part of the diploma.
- Students from abroad can apply for an Erasmus grant.
- Bachelor/Master level in Sports Sciences, Epidemiology, Public Health (with a focus on physical activity), or comparable.
- Experience in working on large datasets.
- Good statistical knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical programs (R or STATA).
- Good proficiency in English (written & oral). Any other language in use in Luxembourg would also be an asset (French, German, Luxembourgish).
- Good organizational skills.
Available for 6 months - full time - Start date: asap
More information about the Department of Population Health can be found here: https://www.lih.lu/page/departments/doph-department-of-population-health-779
Laurent MALISOUX, PhD
84 Val Fleuri