Internship in Obesity Paradox & Cardiovascular Health: Oriscav data (Master Students) - HSYD0621
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen 1445, Luxembourg
Within the Department of Population Health, Hanen Samouda, PhD, researcher in the area of clinical epidemiology and obesity and Yvan Devaux, PhD, head of the Cardiovascular Research Unit, we seek a master student for our project on “Obesity Paradox & Cardiovascular Health: Oriscav data ”. More specifically, the student will conduct a statistical analysis of epidemiologic data on the topic and draft a scientific paper. The main tasks of the student will be related to the data management, statistical analysis, literature review and preparation of the manuscript for publication.
- Critical review of the literature.
- Preparation of a statistical analysis plan.
- Data management.
- Writing of the master thesis in English.
- Writing of the draft of the scientific manuscript that will be submitted in a peer reviewed journal.
- Discuss the results with the supervisors & with other researchers.
- Participate in project meetings & give presentations.
- Present the results in the department meeting.
What we offer and conditions
- Young researchers and students have the opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary & international scientific environment, benefitting from the diverse exchange with other scientists in and across the Department.
- An environment allowing further training in a variety of health-related domains, fostering acquiring transversal competencies such as presentation & communication skills, scientific English, statistical data evaluation as well as specific training in Epidemiology.
- A close link to clinical, statistical & data analysis as well as laboratory facilities.
- A compensation of 660,58€/month will be paid.
- Applicants should be enrolled in a Master program and the internship should be a mandatory part of the diploma.
- Students from abroad can apply for an Erasmus grant.
- Master level in Public Health, Epidemiology, with a focus on obesity and cardiovascular health or Master level in Statistics, or comparable.
- Good statistical knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical programs (SPSS, R, SAS, STATA....).
- Good proficiency in English (written & oral). Any other language in use in Luxembourg would be an asset (French, German, Luxembourgish).
- Good organizational skills.
Available for 6 months - full time - Start date: asap
More information about the Department of Population Health can be found here: https://www.lih.lu/page/departments/doph-department-of-population-health-779
Hanen SAMOUDA, PhD
84 Val Fleuri
Yvan DEVAUX, PhD
84 Val Fleuri