Internship in Obesity & Digital Health (Master students) - TBHS0221
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen 1445, Luxembourg
Within the Department of Population Health, Dr. Torsten Bohn, Head of the Nutrition and Health Research Group and Dr. Hanen Samouda, researcher in the area of clinical epidemiology and obesity, we seek a master student for our project on multidisciplinary management of obesity through digital health: a scoping review.
More specifically, the student will conduct a critical analysis of the scientific publications collected in the frame of the scoping review.The main tasks of the student will be related to the critical analysis of the publications collected in the frame of the scoping review, collect the required information on the outcomes described in the study protocol and prepare the manuscript for publication.
- Critical analysis of the scientific papers collected in the frame of the scoping review;
- Description of the study design, methodology, outcomes, results and conclusion of each paper according to a pre-established evaluation table;
- Writing of the Master thesis in English;
- Writing of the draft of the scientific manuscript that will be submitted in a peer reviewed journal;
- Discuss the results within the group & with other researchers;
- Participate in project meetings & give presentations;
- Present the results in the department meeting.
What we offer and conditions
- Students have the opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary & international scientific environment, benefitting from the diverse exchange with other scientists in and across the Department;
- An environment allowing further training in a variety of health-related domains, fostering acquiring transversal competencies such as presentation & communication skills, scientific English, statistical data evaluation as well as specific training in Epidemiology;
- A close link to clinical, statistical & data analysis, as well as laboratory facilities;
- A compensation of 660,58€/month will be paid;
- Applicants should be enrolled in a Master program and the internship should be a mandatory part of the diploma.
- Master level in Public Health, Epidemiology, Nutritional Sciences, with a focus on Obesity or medical student in Endocrinology, Obesity, Nutrition or student dietitian or comparable;
- Good in English (written & oral). Any other language in use in Luxembourg would also be an asset (French, German, Luxembourgish);
- Good organizational skills;
- Applicants must be affiliated to their university.
Available for 6 months - full time - Start date: asap
More information about the Department of Population Health can be found here: https://www.lih.lu/page/departments/doph-department-of-population-health-779
Dr. Torsten BOHN, PhD
84 Val Fleuri
Dr. Hanen SAMOUDA, PhD
84 Val Fleuri