Internship in Nutrition & Health (Master students) - TBLM0221
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen 1445, Luxembourg
Within the Department of Population Health, Dr. Torsten Bohn, Head of the Nutrition and Health Research Group and Dr. Laurent Malisoux, Head of the Physical Activity, Sport & Health research Group, we seek a master student for our FNR (Fonds National de la Recherche)-funded METHOOD project. More specifically, the student will investigate changes in dietary patterns and physical activity in Luxembourg during the last 10 years, based on results from 2 nationwide epidemiological studies (ORISCAV-LUX).
A close collaboration with our other Departmental teams and the Luxembourg LISER (Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research) is vital.
The main tasks of the student will be related to data-based research and statistical analysis on changes in food and nutrient intake as well as physical activity.
- Organization of epidemiological databases.
- Definition of target variables/outcomes related to food groups, macro- and micronutritients and physical activity.
- Describing trends of the above variables over time.
- Statistical analysis on dietary patterns, food group consumption, macro-/micro-nutrient intake, physical activity.
- Writing of a Master thesis in English.
- Discuss results within the group & other researchers.
- Participate in project meetings & give presentations.
What we offer and conditions
- Students have the opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary & international scientific environment, benefitting from the diverse exchange with other scientists in and across the Department.
- An environment allowing further training in a variety of health-related domains, fostering acquiring transversal competencies such as presentation & communication skills, scientific English, statistical data evaluation as well as specific training in Epidemiology.
- A close link to clinical, statistical & data analysis, as well as laboratory facilities.
- A compensation of 660,58€/month will be paid.
- Applicants should be enrolled in a Master program and the internship should be a mandatory part of the diploma.
- Master level in Nutritional Sciences, Epidemiology, Public Health with a focus on Diet & Physical activity, or comparable.
- Experience in working on large datasets.
- Good statistical knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical programs (SPSS, R, SAS, STATA,...).
- Good proficiency in English (written & oral). Any other language in use in Luxembourg would also be an asset (French, German, Luxembourgish).
- Good organizational skills.
- Applicants must be affiliated to their university.
Available for 6 months - full time - Start date: May 2021 or earlier
More information about the Department of Population Health can be found here: https://www.lih.lu/page/departments/doph-department-of-population-health-779
Dr. Torsten BOHN, PhD
84 Val Fleuri
Dr. Laurent MALISOUX, PhD
84 Val Fleuri