Head of National Cytometry Platform - MO0618
29, rue Henri Koch, Esch-sur-Alzette L-4354, Luxembourg
· Together with researchers, discuss the experiments to be carried out, the results achieved, the decisions to make concerning strategic changes
· Monitor the scientific literature (bibliographic research, participation in conferences, scientific contracts)
· Manage the team: recruitment of researchers, training, conflict management, technical organization of the research unit, updating of methodologies, implementation of new technologies, updating and replacement of the equipment, maintenance of the equipment, organization of biological stocks, etc
· Establish national and international scientific collaboration networks: exchange of competences, visit of researchers and students in the context of collaborations, representation of the research unit at the national and international level, communication of results at congresses, drafting of scientific manuscripts and publication of the results in international journals and organization of colloquiums and congresses.
· Promote research: patenting and valorisation of patents, contracts with private partners
· Participate in scientific evaluations: evaluation of national and international R&D projects, participation in national and international scientific steering committees and drafting of reviews for scientific journals.
· Popularize research: participate in information days aimed at the general public, present research subjects in secondary schools and write publications for scientific outreach
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Doctorate of science (PhD) and/or MD.
· High-level international publications and ADR/ HDR (Authorisation/Habilitation to direct Research)
· Background in big data science and solutions applicable to cytometry will be considererd as a major advantage
· Be recognised by the scientific community, good communication skills, make decisions and take responsibilities, openness and capacity to adapt to new situations, direct a team and an institution, good organizational skills, perseverance and good resistance to stress.
· Language skills: fluent command of English, knowledge of other languages of the European Union is an asset.