Head of Integrated BioBank of Luxembourg (IBBL) and Transversal Translational Medicine (TTM) operat.
Rue Louis Rech 1, Entrée B, Dudelange L-3555, Luxembourg
The Head of IBBL and TTM Operations supports the development and implementation of organizational policies, contracts and business relations to meet strategic translational and financial goals of the Institute.
will support our translational research activities in several selected deseases ;
will be responsible for the day to day management of the different departments/units and for ensuring that all functions related to processing samples are completed accurately and according to SOP’s ;
will work transversally across the research institutions to assure operational integration of a nation-wide transversal translational research framework, which will include transversal access to research platforms.
Head of IBBL Operations:
- Establish effective operational processes and procedures required to implement IBBL’s scientific and organizational strategy.
- Manage all operational aspects of Biobank department including personnel, research, productivity, general inventory, departmental metrics, and resources.
- Facilitate integration of IBBL as pivotal translational platform into the Institute Translational Transversal Medicine (TTM) strategy, enabling transversal research programmes.
- Effectively communicate all departmental affairs as needed and provide data, reports, and documentation as requested.
- Ensure all service/process improvements are identified, investigated, and resolved appropriately.
- Take steps toward improvement in their operational, quality, samples processing, computing or financial practices.
- Follow the progression of the performance indicators and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Report on performance of the organization to CEO by appropriate means (e.g. quarterly dashboards).
- Propose an annual budget in line with the objectives of the performance contract.
- Establish and maintain collaboration agreements with external partners.
- Implement a transparent and effective operational control modus for starting, ongoing and terminating programs.
- Suggest modifications of the organizational chart if necessary.
- Collaborate with the global support functions for the flawless implementation of corporate processes and policies through the Institute (Compliance, Finance, HR, Procurement, IT, etc.).
- Have the overall responsibility for the safety of the personnel.
- Be the spokesperson of IBBL at the Institute executive committee.
- Represent and promote IBBL at external events on an operational and scientific level.
- Supervise internal and external communication in collaboration with the communication unit.
- Responsible for workflow of programmes across IBBL and the platforms of the translational pipeline. This includes smooth operational workflow of programmes at IBBL and working closely with the other members of the TTM management team.
- Manage the entire integrated program operation needs, reaching across the classical IBBL project range into Drug Discovery platforms.
- Promote translational mindset culture and community of TTM in Luxembourg and beyond – facilitating team science.
- Contribute to development of and execution of TTM strategy, thereby enabling development of inter-institutional collaborative research programs between stakeholder institutions under the leadership of TTM Director.
- Be responsible of overseeing the integrated TTM program production deeds.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ph.D or M.D in a relevant discipline (biomedical science or healthcare).
- Experience in operational management of health care or pharmaceutical industries on an executive level for at least 10 years.
- An additional MBA or similar qualification with successful experience in management of a large group would be considered an additional advantage.
- Hands-on approach with operational rigor, detail oriented.
- Business oriented with highly developed influencing and negotiation skills: politically astute and comfortable with government ministers, universities, hospitals, other academic groups and partners.
- Excellent listening and communication skills with people from different cultural backgrounds, team spirit.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work environments.
- Language skills: Fluent in French and English, with proven excellent written skills in both languages. Any other language in use in Luxembourg would be an asset.
- Knowledge of research funding mechanism relevant to biomedical science and bioservices.