Head of Clinical Research - LH0119
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen 1445, Luxembourg
The Head of the clinical research hub (CR hub) will ensure the scientific leardership and operational management of clinical research structures within the Departement of population health.
He/she will mainly:
- Direct and oversee LIH clinical research services and programs, provide leadership in clinical research settings.
- Develop clinical research studies at the national and international level.
- Ensure top level quality methodological designs for clinical and epidemiological studies
- Ensure adherence to international regulatory standards, LIH standard operating procedures,good clinical practice and local regulations.
- Create functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure
- Develop clinical research within the prioritized research areas of the LIH.
- Manage and develop internal and external communication in cooperation with LIH.
- Develops strong relationships with the translational research activities
- Meet with Hospital Directors, Health Care Professionals and policy makers.
- Represent the activities of the CR hub at national and international levels
- Lead the methodological design of studies to ensure scientific relevance and quality
- Review protocols and study documents related to internal or external clinical research projects.
- Participate actively in recruitment process of Clinical Researchers and Statisticians/Methodologists.
- Develop operating procedures for the CR Hub and ensure that the entire research team follows those procedures.
- Manage the CR hub’s finances and contribute actively to fundraising and grant applications for the programmes and LIH.
- Ensure that all applicable and local requirements and regulations are followed completely.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- MD/PhD with an excellent publications track record in the field of Epidemiology, Clinical Research, Methodology and Statistics or any other CR related field
- At least 10 years of experience in clinical research at national and international level.
- Strong expertise in the design, methodology and execution of randomized clinical trials
- Experience in academia as well as pharma would be an asset
- Experience in studies for small sample sizes would be an asset.
- Leadership in international networks & consortia in the field of clinical research.
- Strong leadership skills in representing clinical research development to executive level & (inter)-national decision makers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive management & leadership skills as demonstrated by the successful management, for several years, of a large diverse scientific and clinical research team.
- Language skills: perfect command of English & German or French, any other European language would be an asset.
- Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental and institutional functions.