Biobank Technician - KB0619
Rue Louis Rech 1, Entrée B, Dudelange L-3555, Luxembourg
- Receive and process biospecimen samples according to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instruction (WI) related to the work performed.
- Perform biospecimen samples aliquoting using high throughput automated liquid handling processes.
- Perform full range of operations in biorepository:
- Design of collection kits and production
- Consumables ordering and stock management
- Quality control on incoming specimens and data
- Recording/inventory of all samples in LIMS or other tools
- Sample retrievals and/or destructions
- Packing and shipments in compliance with applicable regulations
- Use of environmental monitoring system
- Management of Biorepository equipment (e.g cryoshippers)
- Work in full respect of SOPs, Work instructions and Internal Documentations
- Write Standard Operating Procedures in French or English
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate qualification in a field or discipline relevant to the area of biobanking or Certificate of Advanced Technician (BTS, DUT or ATM), ideally in Biology or related field.
- Proficiency in the use of computers relative to technical equipment and general office software (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Rigor, attention, high level of accuracy and autonomy Ability to manage flexible missions (multitasks and multi priorities) and flexible hours of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team building spirit.
- Competency at lab bench skills.
Desired criteria, assets:
- Experience with high throughput automated systems.
- Previous work experience in an accredited environment or a blood bank/medical laboratory
- Must speak and write French Fluently
- Must speak and write English (Intermediate level).