Biobank Technician - KB0421
Rue Louis Rech 1, Entrée B, Dudelange L-3555, Luxembourg
· Receive and process biospecimen samples according to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instruction (WI) related to the work performed.
· Perform biospecimen samples aliquoting using high throughput automated liquid handling processes.
· Perform full range of operations in biorepository:
- Design of collection kits and production
- Consumables ordering and stock management
- Quality control on incoming specimens and data
- Recording/inventory of all samples in LIMS or other tools
- Sample retrievals and/or destructions
- Packing and shipments in compliance with applicable regulations
- Use of environmental monitoring system
- Management of Biorepository equipment (e.g cryoshippers)
· Work in full respect of SOPs, Work instructions and Internal Documentations
· Write Standard Operating Procedures in French or English
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Graduate qualification in a field or discipline relevant to the area of biobanking or Certificate of Advanced Technician (BTS, DUT or ATM), ideally in Biology or related field.
· Proficiency in the use of computers relative to technical equipment and general office software (Microsoft Office Suite).
· Rigour, attention, high level of accuracy and autonomy
· Ability to manage flexible missions (multitasks and multi priorities) and flexible hours of work.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and team-building spirit.
· Competency at lab bench skills.
Desired criteria, assets:
· Experience with high throughput automated systems.
· Previous work experience in:
- an accredited environment
- a blood bank or medical laboratory
· Must speak and write French fluently.
· Must speak and write English (intermediate level).